Welcome to La Maison des Oiseaux
When we purchased our house, it was a simple 1960’s stone cottage set in a large garden, in need of care and renewal. This can be a daunting project at any time, but undertaking a renovation from 10,000 miles away was an even greater challenge.
We were fortunate to find a wonderful team of artisans and an architect who gave the house a totally new design whilst retaining the essence of a village home.The property is built on the second tier of walls surrounding the village, and takes advantage of stunning views from floor to ceiling windows and a wide garden terrace.
You will find reviews here
What you get
When you arrive in Cordes, you will be met in the lower village by our house manager, Janine, who will show you to our home, and make you welcome.
The House Comprises
- A charming entrance hall overlooking the courtyard garden
- Long views from the entrance through the living area
- Two double bedrooms with queen size beds, built in robes, one with french doors to the terrace, the other facing the courtyard garden, all linen provided
- Two fully equipped en-suite bathrooms with hair dyrers and heated towel racks
- Open plan living area stretching the full width of the house
- Fully equipped designer kitchen with all electric double oven, hot plate,
dish washer and refrigerator
- Breakfast bar and stools
- Plug and play digital flat screen TV with Freeview TV
- Internet access
- DVD Player and CD Player with built in Ipod dock
- Underfloor heating and cooling
- A washing machine with dryer and ironing facilities
- Attractive large terrace with outdoor eating facilities
- A terraced garden facing north with views across the landscape
- A cleaning service can be provided on request; additional charges will apply
- If you require a third bedroom during your stay, we may be able to offer a self contained chambre d’hôte next door. There is 10% discount for the Chambre if booked in conjunction with a booking for La Maison des Oiseaux. Details can be found here.
- Please click here for information
La Maison des Oiseaux 20 Rue Saint-Gregoire,
View on Map
To view availability,
please click here.
“The moment we walked through the terraced garden and into the entrance hall, we felt comfortable and relaxed as we would when staying with friends. The house is a very welcoming home.”Jim, June 2010
“A blissful week that exceeded our expectations... La Maison Oiseaux had everything we could wish for. The only hard part was leaving...”Bob K 2015
“It was so enjoyable to come home to 'my house', and drink in the glorious view. I could not have been more comfortable.”Beverly M May 2015